The Preferred Pharmacy: link lets you specify the patients preferred pharmacy to be printed on the Rx or to be faxed directly from OSCAR
Access Preferred Pharmacies Setup
- At the right of the oscarRx header, there is a dropdown for the Preferred Pharmacy for the patient. It is initially blank but you can click the Preferred Pharmacy link to access preferred pharmacy options.
- Once you click Preferred Pharmacy: you will get a list of pharmacies that have been entered into the system. Search for the one you are looking for and select it to set it as the preferred Pharmacy.
- When you have a large number of Pharmacies listed, you can use the search to narrow the list as I have done with searching fo which captures Fort Erie Pharmacy, Fortino’s and Silver Fox. Not shown: you can search using multiple criteria at the same time. Entering fo to and b for pharmacy city and postal code respectively, will narrow the search to Fortino’s in this list
- Hover over a pharmacy and it’s information will be bolded. Click on it and the chosen pharmacy will be transferred to the Preferred Pharmacies column.
Add a New Pharmacy
- If you can’t find the pharmacy in the list of existing pharmacies, you can always add it on your own using the Add Pharmacy link.
- Fill in the blanks that appear on the screen. When you are finished, click Submit. You can edit information later on by selecting the edit link.
- If you set more than one preferred pharmacy, the default position will be that of the top-most pharmacy listed in this view in the Preferred Pharmacies column.
- Use the Up and Down buttons to alter the order of the pharmacies.
- You can unlink a pharmacy from the patient with the unlink button.
- View More link gives you the full pharmacy information
- The Edit link will open the specific pharmacy and will modify the information for all users and patients (be careful!)
- The Delete link will delete the specific pharmacy from all users and patients (be careful!)
Now, Fortino’s is the default (use the dropdown to select a different preferred pharmacy for the particular Rx) and you will be able to fax from Rx to the current indicated pharmacy.