There are two places in OSCAR to add a patient to the report system:
- Through the ‘Tickler’ tab, or:
- Through the ‘Add Tickler’ link in the upper left corner of the patients Encounter Note screen
Add a Tickler for a Patient
- Click on the Tickler Tab
- Click on ‘Add Tickler’ button on the bottom
- OR if you are doing this through the Encounter screen, click the ‘Add Tickler’ link
- In the ‘Demographic Name’ box, type in part of the patient’s name with a comma and the 1st initial of the 1st name (works like searching for a patient in the ‘Search’ tab) and click on the ‘Search’ button or press Enter
- The program will search the database and come up with a list of names if there is more than one match OR enters the full name of a patient if there is only one name.
- If a list of names comes up, click on the Demographic ID box beside the person’s name to select the correct patient.
- The patient’s name will be displayed in the demographic name box
- If you are doing this through the ENCOUNTER SCREEN, the patient’s name is already in the ‘Demographic Name’ box
There are 3 ways to select when you want a reminder to show up on the report:
- Click on the ‘calendar lookup’ link and advance through the calendar to click on the desired date
- If this is a 6 month reminder, click on the ‘6 month’ link to enter the date, (6 months from today’s date)
- Click on the ‘1 year’ link if you want the person’s name to show up on the report 1 year from today’s date
- Reminder Message: type in the text you want to show up as your reminder message
- Click on ‘Submit & Exit’ button and wait a few minutes while the request is processed.
View a Patient’s Ticklers
From the patient’s ‘Encounter Screen’
- Click on the ‘View Tickler’ link in the navigation bar on the lower left hand side of the screen
- Leave the ‘Select Provider’ at the default of ‘all providers’
- Select the service date range by clicking on the word ‘begin’ and ‘end’ to access the specific date required for the report
- Select the type of report you want (active, completed or deleted tasks) from the drop down beside the ‘move to’ box
- Click ‘Create Report’
- The task list can be printed to refer to as tasks are completed
- When the requested task has been completed, put a check mark in the box beside the completed task and click on the ‘Completed’ button
- To delete a task, where there is a duplicate etc., repeat the above and click on the ‘delete’ button
- Tickler reports are accessible from the main appointment screen through the tickler tab
Tickler on Appointment Screen
- When the patient has an appointment, a red “!” will appear beside their name if they have a tickler message dated for that day, or if they have an incomplete tickler before the date of the appointment.
copyright © 2012-2021 by Peter Hutten-Czapski MD under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License