- Download 143
- File Size 44.84 KB
- File Count 2
- Create Date March 20, 2022
- Last Updated December 26, 2022
Simple Rich Text Letter for All OSCAR Versions
See walkthrough of this Letter Generator:
OSCAR's Rich Text Letter generator has a long story...
First it was created by Dr. Peter Hutten-Czapski. There were several versions. Then since 2020 there came RTL 2020 which only worked with OSCAR19 since there was lots of new functionality which relied on back-end files that are only in OSCAR19. At this point it was very hard for OSCAR users that aren't on OSCAR19 (i.e. they are with another OSCAR fork/vendor or they can't upgrade) to find a letter generator eForm that could simply work on their system without heavily modifying code. There have still been many OSCAR users who want a simple letter generator tool that works with their system without the need for changing code.
Some information about this RTL version:
- It won't work if you don't have internet access (it references external CSS and icon files)
- This is because it's only one HTML file instead of a package of several files (instead of referencing the local icons/CSS, it's pulling them from remote CDN)
- The signature works in this way - you need to have a specific signature image file uploaded to your OSCAR's eForm images folder, and when you click the "SIGNATURE STAMP" button on the left it will populate that signature image file (the format is ‘consult_sig_1.png’ where 1 is to be replaced by your OSCAR Provider ID #). For simplicity and to save space on-screen, the manual "wet signature pad" has been removed, so you should use the SIGNATURE STAMP button for when you want your signature to populate.. For simplicity and to save space on-screen, the manual "wet signature pad" has been removed, so you should use the SIGNATURE STAMP button for when you want your signature to populate.
- This is designed to work with all OSCAR versions, so it doesn’t have the specific functions from the OSCAR19-specific RTLs (i.e. no lab grid, no specialist search box, no built-in template file editor…)
To install, simply import the ZIP.
I hope you enjoy the simplicity of this Letter Generator and thanks Avaros for the "facelift" that I forked.
If you import the ZIP and the eForm is not working, go to your eForm images and search for "blank.rtl". If nothing comes up then you have to upload the blank.rtl file to your eForm images because this is the default template file that the RTL loads and if it doesn't exist then it won't work. This is the default template and can be modified per these instructions.
Updated Dec 2022 (V2) by Adrian Starzynski.