*Brief Summary of a Patient Encounter
Documentation Copyright © 2022 by Adrian Starzynski under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License
This article aims to very briefly go over what a typical patient encounter might look like for a family physician working in their family practice or in a walk-in clinic, where booked patients are on the schedule.
- Login to OSCAR and see the schedule screen (see: Accessing OSCAR)
- Click “E” next to the patient you are going to see (see: Accessing the Encounter Screen)
Their eChart will open
- See the patient’s name/DOB/age/etc. in the top-left of the eChart
- Write your encounter note in the blank box at the bottom
- Create any required prescriptions, eForms, consultation requests, preventions, ticklers, messages, CPP etc.
View a complete list of eChart functions here.
- When done with the encounter, exit by either:
-Clicking the green $ sign button, which will sign your note and take you to the billing screen; see ON Encounter Billing or BC Encounter Billing
-OR click the blue arrow button to sign/exit the encounter note without billing.
- Repeat these steps for all other patients on the schedule