Search the OSCAR Documentation
Encounter Billing (BC)
How to Bill a Patient Visit to MSP
- A visit can be billed directly from the Appointment screen, simply by clicking on the B to the right of the patient’s name.
- The default billing screen will be displayed as determined by the your settings in the Administration Page, Manage Billing Form.
- However, codes which are not displayed can be selected by entering the service code, or text contained in the service code description, into the white box located in the bottom mid-section of the form, titled Other service/procedure/premium codes
- Click on the service code you wish to bill, then assign the diagnosis to the claim.
To Assign the Diagnosis
- Use the Tab key to move your cursor, or Click in the diagnostic code box
- Enter the ICD 9 and press continue – If not familiar with the ICD9 codes for diagnosis, entering text into this area and clicking on Code Search will return a list of diagnoses which contain the text sequence provided. Choose from the list and press ok.
- A summary of the billing will display. Click: Save Bill to finish, Another Bill to choose another service code with a different diagnosis, or Back to make corrections on the previous screen.
- On the main Appointment Screen, the Patient’s appointment slot will now display in blue with a check mark.
Billing from the Patient’s Master Record
Billing can also be done from the Patient’s Master Record by choosing Create invoice.
- Continue to bill as above – noting that a caregiver will not automatically be assigned to the billing – you must assign the bill provider by choosing from the drop-down menu. Billing is usually conducted in this manner for out of office visits.
Billing from the Patient’s eChart
Billing is also accessible from the Patient E-chart by choosing the Sign Save and Bill icon at the bottom of the encounter window.
- It’s worthwhile to create a separate billing sheet for the out of office fees most often used by the caregivers in your office…see Manage Billing Forms