There is a button at the bottom of the eChart called “Browse Notes“. It lets you see many encounter notes at once and browse through the notes history quickly.
Searching the Toilet Roll Made Easy
After a few years you will have pages and pages of encounter notes in a chart. Let’s say you want to know the last time you injected Depo Medrol into the patients knee? Simply open the Note Browser and use your Browsers search function to find the note.
- By default the Note Browser will display all the notes for that patient
- You can click and display a smaller number if you wish
- The PDF button is the normal way to generate output of “the chart” for the selected notes
- Alternately if you want them with display formatting (as shown) you can use the Print button
- To see multiple encounter notes: Hold Control (Windows) or Command (Mac) and select notes you want to see at once – or press Control / Command + A to show all notes.
- This is also the quickest way to select encounter notes to export for medical records requests that ask for encounter note copies – you would then press the PDF/Print dialog icon to download as PDF or print.
The right panels control and sort what documents you have to choose from.
- You can filter by what type of documents you have (these are specific to your OSCAR categories you have entered)
- The remaining documents can be sorted by either Content Update or Observation date
- Further filtering can be done on Published Deleted or All
- Document control buttons appear to allow you to handle the document
- Printing and downloading is controlled in the document pane
- Multiple documents can be selected to be viewed at the same time
Documentation Copyright © 2012-2022 by Peter Hutten-Czapski MD with additions from Adrian Starzynski under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License