Lab work uses the same inbox as scanned documents.
- The reports with an orange background are for results that have not been matched to a patient.
- Results bracketed with *’s indicate unopened results.
- Results flagged as abnormal are listed in red
- The panel on the left lets you filter the view by type and patient
Clicking on a lab report will give you a screen with the result.
There are a number of options you can
- Use one of your pre-defined ‘Macros’ you set in preferences
- ‘Acknowledge’ the result
- and provide a ‘Comment’ to add an annotation to each individual result
- ‘Forward’ the result to another user
- ‘Print’ the Result
- Send a Message (‘Msg’) relating to this demographic and result (inform pt)
- You could set a ‘Tickler’ reminder on this patient (repeat next week)
- If the result is misfiled you can ‘Unlink’ it
- You can also open the ‘E-Chart’ and link to a lab ‘Req’uisition number
- This result has had a ‘Recall’ set that sets a tickler and sets a message for high priority result followup
- And, if you don’t like the label the lab gave to this series of labwork you can supply a more useful one here eg here you might want to supply “u/a” as the label instead of the cryptic POC/NEON
- The patients next appointment is listed or you can click on next appointment to see a list of all the patients appointments
- You can check the versions of each result by clicking the v1 v2 All links
- When your inbox has new results for you it turns red with a superscript of the number of new results. Click on the inbox to view
- Here we have one new item in the inbox, its not been matched to a patient yet so it is highlighted in orange
- This is an image of the item, its a scanned pdf that you can acknowledge and comment
- Edit the information about the item here
- ‘Save’ (an option available after you match the demographic)
- ‘Acknowledge’ with space for comment or ‘Forward’, ‘Print’, send a Message (‘Msg’) relating to this demographic and result or add a ‘Tickler’ for this patient
Hospital Report Manager HRM
- You have an unmatched report here that is not currently linked
- Try matching the patient against OSCAR by typing in the name in the link bok
- You can ‘Print’ and ‘Sign Off’ the report
The ‘Preview’ button allows you to toggle from the summary list to a continuous scroll of results
- Click on the appropriate filter in the left pane to view the results of interest
- As you acknowledge the results they are taken off the list
- Just remember to link unmatched results to demographic first!
Type a few letters of the provider you want to forward the lab work to, or use the buttons to move a favorite provider into the list of those to receive a copy of the lab result in their inbox.
The Document Upload link connects you to a file selection window that will upload your files to the inbox.
- Select the Queue or Provider from the drop downs
- You can select multiple files at once with the file selector opened by the ‘Browse’ button
- Files scheduled for upload are displayed, with a thumbnail of graphic files.
- Simple file errors are highlighted
- Click ‘Start Upload’
- Progress bars will appear as the files upload to the inbox
For other file formats attach them via the other ways to add e-documents
The ‘Lab Upload’ link opens the manual lab upload window described in the Admin > Misc > Lab upload documentation.
For most Oscar installs it is desired to automate the importing of labs.
Create Lab allows for manual entry of laboratory data.
Tips: The CC format is xxx,xxx,xxx; yyy, yyy, yy
This is an utility to search for patient data from the central Ontario laboratory server. This is usually configured to run automatically but this provision allows for a manual fetch of reports.
The Hospital Report Manager functions to electronically obtain patient reports from selected hospitals. This is usually configured to run automatically but this provision allows for a manual fetch of reports.