oscarPrevention keeps track of the most common procedures that help prevent disease in a patient. These include vaccines and common tests.
- If the prevention is red, the patient is missing information on an important prevention.
- If the prevention link is purple the result is pending.
- If the prevention link is yellow the patient is ineligible.
- a blue prevention is up to date or optional
Clicking on the prevention link will reveal what information is needed for the item to be fully completed.
- From the main appointment screen click on the “E” to the right of the patients name on their appointment line.
- “Preventions” is located on the top left corner of the Encounter screen.
Entering Prevention History
- Click on the test/vaccination that you wish to document. For an explanation of the abbreviations, hover over the prevention. eg Hover over HZV and the tool tip changes to HZV=Herpes Zoster Vaccine eg Zostavax
- Select the date from the calendar next to the Date text box. Select whether the prevention was Completed, Refused, Ineligible or any other option that appears on the Prevention.
- Fill out the rest of the information about the prevention. You can set the date of the next prevention, with the option of not being reminded of it. Click ‘Save’.