- Click on the “Consultation” tab to view the consultation requests on the system
- Click on the drop-down menu to select the doctor or team you want or the ‘view all’ selection to view the entire list of consultation booking requests
- Clicking on ‘Consultation Requests for This Team’ will display a list of consultation forms needing to be processed
- The letters under the ‘Status’ column indicate the progress of the specialist booking:
ND: nothing done
SR: specialist response (waiting for the specialist to call back with the appointment)
PR: patients response (waiting for the patient to call back for their appointment information)
- Click on the hot-link under the ‘Service’ column to open the patient’s Consultation request
- This will open the patient’s Consultation request to proceed with booking an appointment
- Continue with the normal procedure for booking a specialist appointment for a patient
- Clicking the hot link ‘Appointment Date’ will cause a calendar to pop up
- Clicking on the appropriate date for the appointment will insert the date into the form
- Before clicking on “completed”, print the document to fax to the specialist office (instructions above)
- When “completed” is clicked, the consultation will disappear from this list and be displayed in the patients master demographic record when the ‘Consultation’ button is clicked.
- The ‘Consultation’ form can be viewed again for information by clicking on the ‘CONSULT’ button in the Patients Detail Record accessed through the ‘Search’.
Edit Specialists Listing Link
OSCAR does not presuppose that any given Specialist, or GP or Allied Health for that matter provides a given service. eg maternity care is provided by some OB/GYN, some FP’s and midwives. Add services to your list that make sense to you for grouping people who provide a similar service that you would be requesting
To prevent duplication of entries first check if you have the consultant listed here before you add them. This is also the location where you can edit the specialists
IF you don’t have the person already listed in your list of specialists add them here. The annotation shows on the Consultation Request form but is not printed.
Link the Specialist to the Service
Finally you need the specialist to show up when you are looking for the service in question.
- Click on the Consultation tab
- Click the Edit Specialists Listing Link
- Click the Service, in this illustration Allergy was picked
- Review all the Specialists (and Generalists) listed and check off all those that provide that service (Allergy).
- Repeat this for all the other services offered by the Specialist (eg Family Practice etc etc)