Next OSCAR EMR meeting is online MAY 11 7 -10 pm
My next OSCAR EMR meeting is online MAY 11 7 -10 pm
USING WEB TECH and OSCAR EMR TO MANAGE YOUR PRACTICE DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Find your patients (hypercholesterol, hypertension, CAD, diabetes) who are at HIGH RISK for complications of COVID-19
Find your not at target HBA1C patients and LDL patients
Using COCV to find COVID-19 test results
HOW TO FLAG your COVID-19 cases (positive or negative) in OSCAR EMR
Practical templates for COVID management AND FLAG THESE HIGH RISK PATIENTS
Experience with TELEMEDICINE to treat these patients
PRACTICAL TIPS for WEBCONFERENCING using OTNconnect, Novari Evisit as well as non-certified social media tools Facebook, Zoom, WeChat, What’s App
Demonstration of OPEN-SOURCE JITSI MEET Webconference software.
OUR EVIDENCE BASE is EVOLVING with the COVID PANDEMIC so this conference promotes discussion, experience and SOLUTIONS.
Dr. Ian PUN for WEBEX meeting room
OPEN OSP SERVICE COOPERATIVE LAUNCHED FEB 20, 2020
There’s something new in the OSCAR world: Open OSP Service Cooperative
Open OSP provides services and support to the OSCAR electronic medical record. It’s a cooperative. That means it’s a little different from all other EMR support providers. Read more about it on their new website: www.openosp.ca
OSCAR is a suite of electronic health applications including:
- OSCAR: An Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system, designed by doctors, used by doctors and other front-line health care professionals.
- MyOSCAR: A patient controlled personal health record (PHR)
- MyDrugRef: A “social-network” to facilitate drug information exchange between professionals. MyDrugRef is fully integrated with the OSCAR EMR prescription module.
- OSCAR Resource: A compilation of free clinical academic information resources which can be accessed through the EMR at the point of care.
- OSCAR Kiosk: A self-check-in utility for patients, for use in medical offices.
- CAISI (Client Access to Integrated Services and Information): An integrator to facilitate the seamless flow of medical information in multi-site care.
- Read more: About OSCAR
- Read more: About upcoming software demonstrations, events and user-group meetings
OSCAR is a free open source software project:
- Read more: About Open Source Software
OSCAR is a national community of developers and technical support providers:
- Read more: About OSCAR Support Providers (OSPs)
- Read more: About OSCAR’s Open Source Code of Ethical Conduct
OSCAR is a community of clinical EMR users from across Canada and around the world:
- We are OCUS, the OSCAR Canada Users Society. We are the people who use OSCAR to do our work, caring for patients. Welcome to our website, collaboratively maintained by volunteer members.
- Read more: About OCUS
- Read more: About what users say about OSCAR
OSCAR is a collaborative partnership:
- In the medical community we value our strong traditions of collegial sharing of clinical knowledge and expertise. As medical practitioners it seems natural to us to extend this collaborative approach to the IT tools we use to care for our patients. This is why we find the open source approach to Electronic Medical Records development and implementation to be such a good fit.
- And that’s why we at the OSCAR Canada Users Society work together with the developers and support community, to make sure that OSCAR is, and always will remain, simply the finest EMR software no money can buy!
- Read more: About McMaster University’s role in OSCAR development
- Read more: About us at OCUS, the Oscar Canada Users Society